- Check you're typing your credentials correctly.
- Be sure to click the submit button, do not use the "Enter" Key
- Confirm you're connected to the Internet.
- Do you have a screenshot to share?
- Do you have a firewall program on their computer such as Windows Firewall, ZoneAlarm, Norton or McAfee Personal Firewall? If so, they need to allow their Adobe Reader to communicate with the Internet in order for the document to unlock. If you suspect that there is a firewall or proxy server.
- Ask them to contact their IT person or firewall vendor for instructions. Ask them if they will allow access
- Try another computer / device – perhaps their home computer
- Try the web viewer on any of the supported browsers (Google Chrome; Internet Explorer; Firefox)
- Send them the Protectedpdf diagnostic document to test for firewall