In order to download and read protected PDFs, you may need to edit some settings in your Adobe Reader. The sections below details those changes.
Adobe Acrobat Supported Versions
To read a PDF document that has been protected you need Adobe Acrobat/Reader version DC or above. To download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat: get.adobe.com/reader
Configure your GOS Policy
If you are having problems reading your document, consistently required to unlock the document, or are prompted with the error message: "This document requires global security policy to be disabled", Then you should disable "Global object security policy" (GOS).
Configure Adobe Reader to disable Global Object Security
- From the top menu bar, select Edit -> Preferences
- Make sure the "Enable global object security policy" option is unchecked
- Click the OK button
- Close Adobe Reader
- Re-open the document
- Open Adobe Reader
- From the top menu bar, selected Adobe Reader -> Preferences
- Uncheck the "Enable global object security policy" option
- Click OK
- Close Adobe
- Re-Open the document
- Launch your Adobe Acrobat product and select “Preferences” from the “Edit” menu item.